Best Sports Bars In Prague
If you are looking for a bar to watch to live sport with English commentary, then you have come to the right place. While many local Czech bars will have a TV in the corner showing limited live sports, as a lot of them don't have cable TV and the commentary will definitely be in Czech. Here are our picks for the best sports bars in Prague. Prague is one of the last major cities in Europe to allow smoking in bars and restaurants but for not much longer as a complete smoking is coming into law on May 31 this year (2017). In preparation for this, a lot of bars and restaurants are already non-smoking.
JJ Murphy’s is located in the very heart of Mala Strana just 5 minutes from the Charles Bridge. There are many flat screen TVs around the bar showing different sporting events. Also you can enjoy watching the sport in the upstairs lounge on one of the many sofas. This bar has a great atmosphere when watching a big Premier League game.
- Beer: Starpramen 10° - 55 CZK
- Address: Tržiště 4, 110 00 Praha 1, Czech Republic
- Phone: +420 257 535 575
- Hours: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. Sun to Wed 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m. Thurs to Sat
The original bar was the first bar ever in the Czech Republic that sold draught Guinness. The bar reopened in what was Molly Malones and is on U Obecniho Dvora 4 (5 mins from the Old Town Square). The road called Kozi bends around to the left to become U Obecniho Dvora and over on your right up the steps is the bar. There are 2 large plasma screen TVs to enjoy the sport on. Its one of the best places to enjoy a live soccer game in the centre.
- Beer: Grabrinus 10° - 57 CZK
- Address: U obecního dvora 794/4, 110 00 Praha, Czech Republic
- Phone: +420 224 818 851
- Hours: 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 a.m. Sun to Thurs 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m. Fri & Sat
The Dubliner is yet another Irish bar in the centre of Prague only 100 metres from the Old Town Square. From the Old Town Square walk through Tyn Arch and you will see it straight away on your left hand side. This is a very large cellar bar and there must be at least 20 flat screen TVs on the walls showing live sporting events simultaneously. Again another bar with a great atmosphere while watching a live game.
- Beer: Staropramen 10° - 85 CZK
- Address: Týn 639/1, 110 00 Praha 1-Staré Město, Czech Republic
- Phone: +420 224 895 404
- Hours: 10:30 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. Sun to Wed 10:30 p.m. – 3:00 a.m. Thurs to Sat
This is a British Bar located only 2 minutes walk from the Old Town Square. From the Old Town Square walk through Tyn Arch and take the first turn to the left and it’s just around the corner. There are many flat screen TVs on the walls and they can show different live sporting events at the same time.
- Beer: Kozel 11° 0.4l - 48 CZK
- Address: Týnská ulička 606/3, 110 00 Praha, Czech Republic
- Hours: 6:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Mon to Fri 10.30 a.m. – 11.30 p.m. Sat 10.30 a.m. – 1.30 a.m. Sun
Jama is an American owned bar situated very close to Wenceslas Square. Jama is the oldest American bar in Prague and has been opened for more than 20 years. They have some TVs mounted on the walls but in the back they have a big screen showing live sport. While they show soccer games, they mainly show American sport such as American Football, Ice Hockey and Baseball.
- Address: V Jámě 1671/7, 110 00 Praha 1-Nové Město, Czech Republic
- Phone: +420 222 967 081
- Hours: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m. Tues to Sat 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. Sun & Mon
Inspired to book a trip to Prague?
Check out our current special deals.